Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Toddlerisms

Tonight is a night that I can't seem to type straight or even edit before I click 'post' so please ignore any typos that follow.

I thought this evening it would be nice to enjoy some Jonasisms and Ronanisms that I will soon forget if I don't place them in writing. I would be overjoyed if anyone who knows us might chip in with their own rememberances of my boys' favorite things to say.

Here are some great words:

Hockidocter (Helecopter)
Expecto contrite (Any Harry Potter movie or book)
Kiwi Rabbit (The Curse of the Were Rabbit)
Mumo (Nemo)
Doggie (being any animal Ronan sees) -> Now has morphed into 'Moo'
Dude (all turtles)
Beebeeboo (for Ronan's favorite book Peekaboo Farm)

Some sayings:
Maybe lets do a new good idea...
Daddy works on airplanes (used to be 'and hockidocters' until Jonas discovered daddy didn't work on hockidocters...Uncle Richard works on hockidocters).
It's maybe going to be a beautiful day outside.
Are you? (Ronan hasn't learned 'where' yet...this phrase is for playing peek-a-boo)
EAT!! (Ever-hungry littlest)
Nook mama! (Look mama)
Run, run, kick, kick, soccer ball!
Hey mama, clouds make rain come down.

Ok these are my rememberances for tonight. I'll try and add more as I remember them. Love to all!

Nite nite mmmmmaaa! (Blowing a kiss Jonas and Ronan style)

9 comments:

  1. "You go do all those stuffs, Grandma" Jonas after telling me to take horses carrots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup I remember that one from just the other day. That's a good one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so right to do this now. Little Nico had so many cute ones but I didn't write them anywhere and now they are gone. Sorry I can't chip in for the boys - I obviously need to be around more :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's a few more that I remembered (with Jonas here helping me):

    Booboos (Boots)
    Quiqui (sound spray bottles make and what Jonas used to call all spray bottles including my ouchy spray).
    Babo (hello)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally forgot about Jonas' interpretations of certain tool names:

    Take-my-shirt (tape measure)
    Hamburger (hammer, hamburgers are actually cheeseyburgers)

    ReplyDelete
  6. here's another favorite


    Mama's driving weeeee.

    ReplyDelete
  7. And another. Jonas' versions of songs:

    Twinkle, twinkle little star how I wonder what you are. Up above the world so high. Like a diamond in the sky...so Twinkle twinkle little star (this is the song that never ends).

    Row, row, row your boat gently down the street. Merry, merry, merry, we all fall in the hole. (seriously...who knows.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jonas now sings with me for just about every song I'm used to singing to them at night. And both him and Ronan love Mary Poppins so much that they know many of the songs. Ronan can fill in all the 'down'(s) in 'spoon full of sugar' and he also supplies the last word if you pause long enough. 'in the most delightful WAY'!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Miss Maika'i has apparently started her presidential campaign early. ANY public setting has become a perfect opportunity to chat with perfect strangers and ask how they are. Todays quote- "Hi ladies! A good day? I good. Bye! later ayyagater!" seriously! already running for office!

    ReplyDelete