Monday, January 11, 2010

Supernatural Vortex

Supernatural beings from mythology or strange immagination are fascinating! I don't exactly know why I find them so exciting. Personally I would be scared out of my wits to be in Bella's shoes, or those of Harry Potter. But I've been sucked into the vortex that is the Twilight saga...just as I have been with Harry Potter's adventures. Neither series has been one that I could gracefully put down to carry out normal every-day activities. I've read them both several times. Perhaps this is a sign. I enjoy reading these fantastic stories involving mythical creatures and horrible monsters. I love seeing good triumph over evil. Escaping into another world full of vibrant imagery and engaging characters is akin to chocolate for me (any of you who know me well know of my insatiable sweet-tooth).

The sign is perhaps that I should be attempting to put some of my own fantastical creatures into stories. Perhaps these dreams that I have had over the years have been a building of characters to enter into my own novel. A new style perhaps. The vampire books have been done, although Stephanie Meyer found a way to make them new. The wizards have been done, however no one can beat J.K. Rowling's world of them. I need new creatures. New places...or perhaps places I know. I need The Falcon Tree. I began this novel when I was 13. I know that the writing in it was not the best...but the idea was good. I will recreate it.

Ok so if you read my blog...please bug me. I begin tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. find the time! it is there someplace. love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finding time...I did start. The wheels are rolling and producing some interesting character/plot/setting ideas. They are carefully being recorded in various locations (usually starting with whatever I have near...napkin, bill, ...) until they end up in my journal or in my writing portfolio in 'My Documents.'

    Long and over-worded point being: although I don't feel "bugged" by any of my readers (positive encouragement is definitely great mom), I have started in a forward-like direction. However, as I constantly remind my dad (usually when I bump into him) I don't run straight.

    ReplyDelete