Monday, January 4, 2010

Chocolate With the Wrapper Still On

Since becoming a mother I have discovered many things. One particular interesting observation is that silence in the other room always spells trouble. Sometimes I'm washing the dishes, or folding clothes in the other room and I will notice that the noise from the living room has quieted. Uh-oh.

Yesterday Jonas and I were in the kitchen and Ronan was playing happily in the living room. Silence. It was a moment or two before I realized that Ronan had gotten really quiet. When I did I ran in to find out what he'd gotten into. Silly mama had left a small Hersheys chocolate bar underneath a pillow on the couch (hidden swiftly when they came out of their bedroom from naptime). Ronan was very carefully biting the plastic wrap away with his teeth and spitting it back on the couch so he could get to the chocolate within. Luckily he was very careful to suck any chocolate off the wrapper first so I didn't have chocolate smeared all over the place. He had eaten half the bar.

Sneaky little bugger.

1 comment: