Saturday, January 30, 2010

Cinderello(s)

A few days ago I was once more in the kitchen taking care of the odious every-day task of washing dishes. The boys were playing in the living room and abuelito was downstairs fixing one of the many cosmetic problems in my new house. This may seem like a normal mid-week morning but then, from the living room, came the ominous sound of silence.

I ignored it at first because I had my hands deep in soapy water and wanted to complete my task, but perhaps i shouldn't have. When I entered the living room in search of my quiet trouble-makers I found a black-mouthed Ronan and Jonas with his hands deep in the fireplace ashes. Ronan had apparently decided it was tasty to chew on blackened left-over pieces of douglas fir but Jonas seemed to think that this was an acceptable alternative to a sandbox. Both boys knew when they saw me however, that they were in trouble. My sweet little monsters had blackened by living room floor with their fun and I was not excited to have another cleaning task before me.

Looking back on this moment, however, I once more wish that my camera's battery charger had not dissappeared. It would have been quite nice to showcase a picture of this encounter with two petite cinderellos.

4 comments:

  1. Please buy the camera battery charger now! Eat more oatmeal and beans if this does not fit the budget. Imagination is terrific, but the world needs this picture, and the one of Jonas reading stories to Roskve!!!, and.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you get the phone message of Jonas coloring in the unicorn? :) But yes...I said the same thing to Pocho. Ronan was jumping on the trampoline last night correcting his balance every other jump. it was too cute. We needed to record it! But couldn't.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yep, the photo is now my phone wallpaper.

    Fortunately, I have had eonough precious time with you and the boys in the past 6 mos that I can picture them in action. The trick in your writing will be to make these tidbits "live" for others not as blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Monica!! It was great meeting and talking to you yesterday. Reading this blog brings back memories of when my boys were young, I have thousands of stories very similar to yours,I heard once that the reason God makes children so cute is so you wont want to kill them!! Anyways, wanted to say hi and I hope you have a great day.My email is wunderfulwoman@yahoo.com and my phone # is 425-742-5757

    ReplyDelete