Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentines Day

I really seem to have little to say on the subject actually. I've been sitting here trying to put the right words down about a sweet/romantic weekend, or about how it didn't end up that way but the truth is neither is correct. We had a great weekend. Sharing time together and time with the boys, not to mention the roses, chocolates and new GPS for my car made it a fun weekend. What wasn't so great was the interruption of said weekend by Strep throat (yes, I got it again!) and therefore baby-sitter chickening out. But life happens.


Onwards to upcoming weeks of potential date-nights and sickness-free times. Perhaps even welcoming a puppy into our lives once we decide we're ready! Those of you who know me probably know that my brain is already screaming "I'm ready!" But we're trying to really be prepared this time. We don't want to welcome a new life into our home when we're not prepared to deal with everything that that new life entails: 24hr/ puppy care and love, puppy messes, puppy health maintenance $$, puppy baby-sitters when we are not around, puppy fencing for the yard, ...

However, I am always ready for puppy kisses, puppy walks, puppy romps, puppy cuddles and so much more smiles that enter the house with a new dog. I hope we don't make ourselves wait too long. But if I have anything to do with it we probably wont. Hehehe. Recommendations are always welcome for the perfect family-dog breed! We already love Boxers (thanks to Hannah) and Labs from past experience. But we're open to suggestions.














No comments:

Post a Comment