Sunday, February 7, 2010

Evil Happening or Interesting Character Development

Last night I had the most disturbing but interesting dream. For some reason I was in a high school again. But this time we were visiting on vacation. My family and I were on a road trip and there just so happened to be a historic and beautiful high school on our list of places to see. Unfortunately for me I desperately had to use the restroom and therefore missed the tour.

However I was shown to the restroom by the headmaster himself who seemed to think I had done something wrong. In this frame of mind he decided to wait right outside. Inside the room, I found it quite unlike most restrooms I had previously visited and was quite shocked. There were plants everywhere. So much so that they seemed to even sprout from the very furniture in the room. It even appeared more of an office than a restroom as it contained desks and chairs of the finest solid woods and only one toilet.

Perhaps it was my frame of mind, or perhaps it was just the strange room but I felt after a short time of being in the room that I was beginning to be a part of it. I even felt as if I, myself, had foliage sprouting from my body. Closer examination proved, however, that I was not imagining things and I really was developing quite a coat of sprouts.

Quite understandably I was terrified and I began to try to wipe them off. They would brush off quite easily actually but unfortunately grew back just as quickly. It's rather scary to find yourself transformed into something you couldn't previously have imagined. However, as all the superheros who have come into being from strange occurances (radioactivity, spider bites,...) I wonder if my dream character might in time discover a reason for such a transformation although, honestly, I don't know what that could possibly be. It's probably just a mad dream. But just so you know, I wasn't truly scared in my dream. I felt like I could accept being a walking vegetable garden. How very strange.

1 comment:

  1. I am lending you my dream library! Look for it with our valentines.

    This is an incredible dream!

    ReplyDelete