Friday, February 12, 2010

"Call Mama"

Wow, I have just made a marvelous discovery! Yesterday I was playing with my phone trying to lock the keypad so I could put it in my pocket and I pressed the wrong button. Suddenly my phone was talking to me and this is what it said: "Please say a command." Hmmm...my phone was awaiting instructions. So I replied: "call Amor Mio," and my phone obeyed my instructions and called my husband (I know, cutsie).

I was so excited that I called two more people: "call Mama," "call Laura," and it was done as I asked. Both people were probably very concerned about me. Perhaps I overdid the excitement about something so silly? But it was fun! I no longer have to scroll through my contact list. All I have to do is speak clearly and my phone will obey my commands!

Wouldn't it be nice if my phone could obey other commands though: "wash dishes," "sweep floors," "change baby's diaper..." Now that would be a remarkable machine.

2 comments:

  1. be careful what you wish for. I can see a great comic scifi in this genie wish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I guess you're right. I had visions of the Jetsons and i-Robot as I was writing that last bit...hehe.

    ReplyDelete