Friday, February 19, 2010

Spring is in the Air

I have sat down several times in the past few days hoping to wrap my mind around a thought or two to share on my blog. Ideas keep flitting through my brain but the majority of them are thoughts that I think might make good articles or longer stories. They have therefore been placed in my idea box instead of on my blog and my blog is lonely.

Spring is in the air. It has been so beautiful outside these past few days. The glorious sun has not hidden behind clouds and when I walk down the street I'm not skipping through puddles and squelching through mud.

The boys and I decided to take advantage of such beautiful weather and we went to the park today. Seems it was a popular idea (and why not!). There were kids everywhere! The Forest Park near our home is a beautiful park with a ridiculous amount of playground equipment, sprinkler water spouts and a petting zoo in summer, an indoor pool and delightful walks through beautiful patches of forest.

Today we decided to visit the forest. Jonas found a stick on the ground, promptly broke it in half with his foot (mimicking mama breaking small branches for firewood starts) and gave one half to Ronan. Then he ran of down the trail holding his wand in front of himself and saying "expecto contronum!" Ronan followed and mumbled something intelligible which was also a spell.

After our moments as wizards and witch (me) we continued on with our sticks and rocks and pine cones. We frolicked through the trees looking for squirrels and birds and then descended a stairway and steeper trail to a beautiful patch of grass which allowed us to look up at our remarkably blue sky.

Seeing how beautiful it was I pointed out the moon to Jonas. He looked and looked (not of course in the direction I pointed) and finally told me he couldn't see it but then pointed out to me the much more important airplane that was flying by. Then Ronan wanted to share his thoughts and he pointed straight up into the trees and said "a rabbit!" He was very sure that there was a tree rabbit in our patch of forest there and we whole-heartedly believed him but searched in vain to behold the creature ourselves. Perhaps we'll have him draw it tomorrow.

What a glorious time of year it is!

1 comment:

  1. you paint images with your words! they dance and sparkle like the sunshine that you are!

    ReplyDelete