Friday, April 9, 2010

Moments to Myself


I am now the proud landlady/employer of a very nice young woman. We interviewed many people and finally discovered Natalie. In exchange for room and board she gives me moments to myself. And moments with Pocho.

This morning I woke up exhausted which I'm sure had nothing to do with watching several episodes of Season 4 of the Gilmore Girls until midnight last night. Tired and grumpy, I sat on the couch with the boys as we ate our morning Kix and drank some orange juice. Curious George tried out several ways of patching a hole in the Man with the Yellow Hat's hat and then proved to his country town that he had in fact seen a bear, even though one had not been spotted there in over 30 years. I dozed. Then there was coffee to make. Then toast and bananas for the boys.

After our usual morning routine was over though it hit me: I have someone to help me now. I can go to my office in the morning and write. Jonas and Ronan can be playing in the backyard having a marvelous time on this beautiful Spring day and I can still get some things done before I go and join them!

This will take some getting used to but I am excited to begin the process. Natalie has begun to have good conversations with Jonas and tells me amusing anecdotes from their time together. She has informed me that her job in her family's home was washing dishes and she's more than happy to continue helping with that here. Pocho and I are finally able to have a regular date-night. All-in-all we are overjoyed to have Natalie with us and she is, I believe, finally becoming comfortable with us.

Sucess!

3 comments:

  1. Oh this is SUCH great news :D Hurray for nannies ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are reaching out with your creative imaginative energy and forming a unique lifestyle for your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to hear that Natalie is getting more comfortable with everyone and that she and Jonas are having those great chats that only Jonas can give people! :)

    ReplyDelete