Friday, March 12, 2010

Another Monica Moment

This morning was definitely a two-cups-of-coffee morning. I didn't get up extremely early but it was just one of those mornings when I struggled to make myself human. I tried to sleep for a little while longer on the couch during morning cartoons, but Ronan kept talking to me and Jonas kept bugging me to go make my coffee. Perhaps he's aware of the fact that I'm less monstrous once I've had a cup, or perhaps he just wanted me to continue with our normal morning routine. Whatever the case however, I finally caved and dragged myself off the couch.

I should take a hint from my parents who have their coffee pot ready the night before. All they have to do is press the button when they wake up and a few minutes later they have coffee! I never do though. Every morning I have to prepare the coffee pot before I can start it up. It takes so much longer to dump the old grounds, grind new ones and fill it up with water.

Anyway, this morning I finally had my first cup in my hands. Honestly I think it's more the idea that wakes me up...not the caffeine. But I love the smell of coffee, I love the taste (when sugar and milk are added) and I love the warm feeling of my big Mara owl cup in my hands in the morning. It usually takes me all morning to slowly sip. I enjoy sitting at my desk and checking my e-mail/blog while I drink my first cup. This morning, however, that first cup definitely didn't do the job.

I poured out my second cup. Added my sugar and stirred. Opened the bag of whole bean coffee that was sitting beside the pot and began to pour. Only when I had a full topping of floating coffee beans did I notice that this was not what I wanted to add to my cup! Whoa! Where am I? Who am I? Guess I really need this cup huh?

Well, I finally fished out all the beans and replaced them with my intended additive (milk). I have to tell you though, I barely made it through half of that cup before it was off to the gym with my energized toddlers. Perhaps I was just thinking too much this morning. But it's nice to have some moments like these in life where you can really wonder where your brain was! I can't even write this without laughing hysterically. Tears streaming down my face. It took me fully 10 minutes to write the paragraph above this.

Another Monica moment. Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. that IS a Monica moment. Classic. ~Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also classic: the fact that you couldn't: a) tell me this story on the phone for fear of laughing uncontrollably, b) typed the story in the blog entry while laughing uncontrollably, and c) most classic of all, that you were laughing so hard you were crying (and most likely doing the Monica whimper laugh and red in the face). :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha! She knows me so well. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a moment like that the other day. Mine is a little less PC, but I went to leave a urine sample at the Dr's office, went into the bathroom, did my business, flushed the toilet, and it was only after that I realized I forgot to leave them the sample.... Oops. Fortunately I was able to reload and leave one before I left the office. Whew.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's hilarious, Aubrey!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL I'm glad it's not just me who does these things ;).

    ReplyDelete