Monday, January 10, 2011

Getting Fit


The new year is here and the holidays have come and gone. I've shared many wonderful moments this year with family and friends. However, I've also shared lots of wonderful food. I discovered upon my return from vacation and much to my disappointment that I had gained weight yet again! It seems that all my energy spent on exercise wasn't enough to help me. Therefore I must finally come to terms with what I've known all along but tried to ignore: my diet is the key to my success!

So here we go. Pocho and I are embarking on the journey together. I'm not one to count calories, but I can ration and I can abstain if need be. I will not remove ice cream from my diet, it will just have to be rationed. We will also need to spend our time, thoughts and money coming up with meals at home that work for us instead of deciding last minute to eat out.

I am not calling this a new year's resolution. I am only saying that it is time I listened to my body and not my mind when it comes to food. The latest personal trainer that I met with at the gym told me he could get me to my goal in 6 weeks! SIX weeks! It's amazing what good exercise (my body is in pain right now from how much good exercise that trainer showed me) and a healthy diet can do for your body. Already today I feel like I'm on the right track. Let's see how far I can push it.

Want to try it with me?

1 comment:

  1. Good for you, girl! You will rock it out, I know! :) And it should be really helpful to have Pocho doing to fitness and diet control thing too.

    ReplyDelete