Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Fall here in Everett is lovely and full of birdsong! We are enjoying the crisp cool beginning of the season as we prepare for colder weather to come. The boys have already picked their Halloween costumes. Big surprise (a bit sarcastic) Jonas is going to be superman, his favorite! Ronan is going to be a giraffe. We tried to convince him to be a shark because there was an awesome costume for one, but he picked the giraffe. One of his favorite books is "A Giraffe and a Half" by Shel Silverstein. He pronounces it ji-HALF (a mixing of giraffe and half).

Today I am on the final turning day of recovery from a nasty cold. The whole household is coughing, sniffling or over-exhausted because of a bug. Finally today I begin recovery though and I'm exhilarated! I have already been productive this morning. I went to the doctor in the morning because of an ear infection that wouldn't quite heal completely and discovered it has healed, but my ear needed a bit of cleaning. That done, I feel much better! After the doctor I went to my favorite cafe (at the library) to do a bit of writing. I'm on chapter II of my very first novel and it's going well. My characters are leading me and I know it'll be a long road but I feel like my story is worth something and that is good.

It's a beautiful, sunny day and I think we will go for a walk when I get home. Jake, our lab, needs the exercise and I'm sure my cabin-fever suffering children need the fresh air as well! I hope your day is full of just as much fun and promise!


The picture of Jake was taken by Jonas when he found the camera. Remarkable, I think, for a 4-year-old. Point and shoot cameras, gotta love 'em!

3 comments:

  1. almost makes getting sick worth it (not!) to come back to the world refreshed and healthy, ready to truly see the beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christopher is a giraffe too! What are the chances?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Ji-half! I love Ronan's pronounciations! :)

    ReplyDelete