Saturday, October 9, 2010

Coincidental Meetings

Just out shopping for groceries the other day I met another Mama in need of 'Mama friends.' Neither of us even had our kids with us! But mothers will talk about their kids and once this young woman and I started talking we discovered that we were both in need of more time with other mothers. Time to sit and chat while our kids play, or to talk about resolutions to toddler tantrums and such.

It's nice to find that I'm not alone in this random search. This woman grew up here but has a family when none of her other friends does, so they don't understand. I've left my 'mama friends' behind in Arizona and am slowly finding them here.

I ran into one another such 'mama friend' and neighbor of ours at the library today! Wonderful to find people when you're not looking for them, at least not consciously. Good turn around to a grumpy morning!

3 comments:

  1. how wonderful! It is nice to have other Mama friends! I so wish we were closer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. good to have grandma friends,too. now that Tanya is a grandma we can regale each other with the wonders of our grandkids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you're finding more mama friends, chica. I know it much be really lonely sometimes when you NEED to spend some grown-up time with someone who understands the whole husband and kids thing. :) Cheers to a new support group!

    ReplyDelete