Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Black, White and Salsa!

I know it's been a while since my last post. Here we go with the new one though!

Last weekend we had our first ever theme party! We tried to do a "Black, White and Salsa" party. The silly thing is, however, most "black and white" parties are elegant balls or at least dressed up. And we threw in salsa. Salsa of all kinds: dance, music and of course everyone was requested to bring their own edible variety to put on nachos.

We had a lot of fun! But I think for our next theme party we had better select the guests who will enjoy the "theme" and participate. I'm thinking, a Bond party (Sean Connery era) or perhaps a masquerade! (paper masks at the door for those who don't bring their own?).

It's fun to get together with friends in a way that's out of the norm. I do have to remember though that some of our friends might not always want to do the "out of the norm" stuff. I'll have to have an occasional pot luck or carne asada in addition to my fun themes.

Overall I think our party was a huge success though. The food was great! People loved our theme drinks (black and white Russians) and I even got to teach a dance lesson to some eager students. May we have many more successful events of this sort!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a blast!!! I wanna see pictures though :D
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was a dork with the camera. I forgot until the end so I have quite a few pictures of my friend Chelle's baby but none of me and pocho. hmmm...

    ReplyDelete