Friday, April 29, 2011

Library Finds

I was at the library today and found quite a variety of fun things to share with Jonas and Ronan. We now have several books of exercises in phonics and kindergarten activity suggestions. While I figure that I can be creative and make most of these activity sheets myself, it seems like an opportunity to try out and find a system that the boys like best here.

I have visions of myself being creative enough to draw up my own lesson plan based in play for Jonas and Ronan's next year. Time to get my act together and begin if that's really what I intend to do. This is Spring! Let's begin there. Spiders are climbing out of everything outside (and sometimes in). They can be counted, examined for coloring and shape, the boys can learn spider safety and how to crawl like a spider, we can find spider stories and sing spider songs!

Weekly themes I think. And an end of the week project to put into our book of learning.

Onward and upward! :)

2 comments:

  1. Hello Monica! This is Pearl Maxner formerly from the Big Island, now living with my husband Jay in Idaho. I am so excited to see that you are happily married with two wonderful little ones at your feet. Congratulations! pearlmaxner@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete